Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gimme a "G" !!



How cute did these turn out! Gracie is really into the peace signs and bright colors right now. I had bought these wood letters to do this with, for her birhday (at the begining of Feb!!) and just finally got to them and got  them finished!
I had bought her a scrapbook paper pack for Christmas that had this paper in it. Luckily it had several of each sheet. 
First, I traced the letters on the paper. I cut inside the traced line, as the line itself was a little bigger than the actual letters.
Next, I paintd the letters black and let them dry. This way I didn't have to worry about getting paint on the paper.
 Next I Modg Podged the paper onto the letters and voila!
The letters alreadyhad places on their backs for a nail to hold them up. So I lined the letters up, measured the distance between each nail hole thing, and then marked them on paper.
Then I taped he paper on her wall and put the nails into the wall following that guideline. Gracie had asked why I was taping a piece of paper on her wall. I told her I thought it would look pretty, didn't she think so? HA HA!

Once they were up, especially next to her blue walls, I was so pleased, as was she! Who'd have thought something so simple could turn out sooo cute!


1 comment: