Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chicken, That's what's for dinner!!

 In my efforts to eat at home more and out at fast food less, I have been trying to come up with healthy...ier, meals but still quick and easy. Since we homeschool, I fix a lunch for the three of us daily and on the weekends, it's up to four with my husband home.
I saw these "chicken nuggets" at the store the other day and my mind automatically popped to the grilled nuggets at chick fil a!  While I had NO expectations they would taste like those heavenly tidbits, I hoped to atleast be able to make them palateable!

So today was the test. I was trying to decide HOW to cook them. I thought, I should have planned ahead and maybe marinaded them last night, but since I was not THAT organized (a process I am still working on) I had to come up with something else. My first thought, "where is that stinkin spray on salad dressing?" couldn't find it..... So to the spice rack I went. I ended up layering the (frozen)  chicken on a foil lined sheet, and sprinkled Famous Dave's Rub on them and then a little salt and pepper....real fancy, I know, don't you wish you were as creative as me....NOT!  Then I popped them in my new toaster oven (that you SHOULD be jealous of, I LOVE IT!!) and tried out the broil button. Halfway through, they were turning white as they should and tons of juice, which i promptly dumped down the drain! then turned them over and popped them back in until they basically looked appealing, brown and slightly, the tiniest bit crispy, but not really too much, but definetly brown!

The kids and I LOVED them! While still not as heavenly as CFA, definetly palatable! AND EASY, CHEAP and QUICK! The things I look for in a meal! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment